Guest Post by Megan
With the arrival of spring comes the motivation to clean, tidy up the yard, plant new flowers, and decorate. I have a wreath for every season, except spring. As I was wandering the floral department of JoAnn’s, I made the decision I didn’t want a wreath afterall. I wanted a moss covered letter with a few flowers.
So, armed with my JoAnn’s app on my phone, I went shopping and bought the following items…
- 12″ paper mâché letter G for $2.69 after using a 40% off coupon
- Super moss cloth originally $8.99 but discounted to $4.50 with a 50% off coupon
- 12″ daisy bunch on sale for $1.49
Total cost for my main supplies: $8.68 before tax.
Other supplies I used but already had were a hot glue gun, glue sticks, and an exacto knife for trimming the moss.
1. Lay out moss face down, then place letter on top backwards.
2. Carefully cover the sides of the letter with moss, making cuts around corners. Think of it as being similar to wrapping an awkward shaped gift. Use hot glue to secure moss in place as you go along.
Remember to save the scraps of moss you cut away. You can use these pieces to fill in bald spots on your letter. Moss is quite forgiving and it’s difficult to tell where I patched mine up.
3. Decorate according to your preference. I chose to use daisies and kept it simple. I think the letter looks nice without any additions, but I did want something to make it stand out. You could use ribbon, burlap, fake eggs, a bird’s nest…it’s really up to you!
Don’t ever miss a deal: Find Jessica’s Coupons on Facebook & Follow Jessica’s Coupons Tweets on Twitter. This post may contain affiliate links. Please refer to the Disclosure Policy for more details. Photo Credit: Living Chic on the Cheap